Re: Another tool ID needed II

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:59:34 -0700, "TeamCasa" calmly ranted:

R.H. > >You have one answer that is technically correct but not to descriptive. >Number 62 is as KD-495. >Its original purpose was to make the tightly wound coil in the end of a wire >cable such as a bicycle shift cable or a lawnmower throttle cable. Today it

Ah, so THAT's how those things are made.

is out of production but is highly prized by some old-time mechanics. >Corvair guys love'em. (All three of them!)

Hey, I resemble that last crack, bubba. I adored my

1962 Corvair convertible and took it on the dirt motocross tracks with my buddies, flying off the 3' jumps over Mayfair Cliffs in Vista, CA ca. 1969. I purchased it from a CA Highway Patrolman who had put a 100lb sack of sand in the trunk (front) and had replaced the top. It was quieter on the freeway at 90mph than my mom's suicide-doored Continental.

--- -If thy poster offends thee, *PLONK* it out.-

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques