Re: Always read operator's manual !

I found it in an operator's manual (Husqvarna chain saw )

> > S.B.

Doesn't surprise me to find it there. That has been done by some smart(?) people. Oh where has common sense gone to.

P.T.

Reply to
P.H. Thorsted

Someone's got to do it, so I'll step up to the plate.

Funny post, but there's a binaries group for this type of post. Text groups within usenet are for text only.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:37:02 -0600, the opaque "P.H. Thorsted" spake:

Lawyers bred it out of the newer generations.

----- = Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

And you can bet the reson it is there is because of a lawyer. Some dunce probably preformed a cut as set out in the drawing and decided after getting mangled that he should have been warned that using a chain saw like this was a bad idea.

Reply to
Geo

One should NEVER do that...if you are more than five feet or so above the ground :)

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

On Wed 22 Jun 2005 10:36:13p, "SBO" wrote in news:K6que.74403 $ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

When I lived out the boondocks I met a farmer who, I was told later, actually did do that. From pretty high up. Several people I asked confirmed it. One of 'em told me he carried a picture of himself in the hospital bed after that, just one big bruise, and he'd take it out to show people what could happen when you screw up.

Some months later I was listening to the local radio station's call-in swap and sell show, and he called in to tell everyone that if they build one of those chimney cleaner things, the kind with the brush on a cable and pulleys at both ends and a crank so you can send the chimney brush up and down the chimney, that you shouldn't use nylon rope for the cable 'cause it starts a chimney fire.

I think that fall did some permanent damage.

Reply to
Dan