Re: Advice needed ASAP - bed riser construction

What about 3/4 ply, the good stuff, and set on edge cross-lapped. Built like a tic-tac-toe board, the cells could later hold drawers, etc.. Dust ruffle, hee-hee! Tom >(Bearcat) wrote:

Someday, it'll all be over....
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/bedbathstore/bedrisers.html
Bearcat wrote:

I did this to get more space under the bed for storage. I used 2x6's Southern Yellow Pine. Lag bolted them together, 4 on each board, 3 for the ends with 2 middle cross braces using joist hangers. Middle supports also have supports on the floor for extra strength.
Extremely sturdy, no squeeks, we've tried ;), and our dust ruffel covers everything up. Took me about 2 hours to cut and put together. Brought the mitre saw right into the bedroom.
Mike
I just made a particle board box to set on the frame under the mattress. Actually it resembles a bookcase laying on the frame with its back up. I used two bed ruffles. One on the box and one on the boxsprings. Queen bed. When I did the king bed I built a box that went to the floor and skipped the bed frame. I stapled one ruffle to the box and put the other over the box spring. Particle board is cheap and plenty strong for this job and no one is ever going to see them.