Re: Advanced Sexual Techniques For WoodDorkers

Page 1 of 2

Makes as much sense as any male-demographic magazine running cigarette ads.
It isn't for me.
I wish AW hadn't been bought by a company determined to drive it into the ground.
BTW, when that free three subscription ran out, I didn't renew.
lazarus long wrote:

I did the free subscription right about the time Readers Digest bought the magazine. At first I had a problem with getting not the magazine. Later I had a problem because I was getting the magazine. It really stunk up the place.
UA100

AW appeals to the demographic that looks at the ad and thinks,
"Golly, I wonder what they do for the other fifty-nine minutes?"

Duh. Woodworking!
Jon E - not yet middle aged, but everything else is in place....
Jon Endres, PE wrote:

OK, since we're on this topic anyway. Show of hands. Have you ever faked an orgasm so you could get back out to the shop faster? (Women are allowed to reply too...)
Silvan wrote:

Yes, I have.
But not to get back to the shop. To fake her out so I could take advantage of her ... uh ... reaction to send her further over the edge.
They fell for it almost every time.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Mark wrote:

Yeah, me too, actually... :) That takes me back.
(Back to the long forgotten days of yore when SWMBO and I used to actually be awake at the same time. Sigh.)
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMsnip.net says...

Note to self: Swallow tea before clicking on any posting from Tom Watson. Priority: High
Jules wrote:

Yeah, American Wooddorking has certainly gone down the tubes, eh?
UA100, wondering if he has a new friend now...

Hey now!! I'm still on the short side of 40 (for 6 more months...)
On the plus side of the ledger this weekend : - I have a 3 year old - There's another one due at the beginning of June - I moved 10,000 lbs of wood this weekend (4000 lbs twice due to poor planning and 2000 once)
On the minus side of the ledger:
- I did 8 loads of laundry today so my wife could catch up on some sleep - I had a "Dad's Day Together" with my daughter on Saturday so my wife could get some more rest and do a little shopping - I had to take a hot soaking bath after moving all the wood. Unfortunately, 8 loads of laundry ate up the 75 gallon hot water heater and all I managed was a lukewarm soak. -I didn't bitch about it once.
Ok, there is no minus side. Let the ad show the old guy with his hand on her ass.
Everybody's still going to look at them and say "She's only with him for his money".

Another 3 year old? Wow!
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

They don't call my wife "The Trooper" for nothing.

Hmmm.. My #1 technique would be to watch for splinters!
Larry Bud wrote:

A local Home Depot has anti-shoplifting warnings posted in the toilet stalls. Someone advised against smuggling wood out of the store for the same reason.

Use appropriate guards and look out for kickback.
Bob Haar wrote:

If you get kickback, you were probably trying to go for the wrong mortise by accident.
Silvan wrote:

And for all the routers with little bits, remember to tackle the deep cuts in several passes.
Silvan wrote:

In this instance wouldn't kick back be desirable? Probably mean your doing something right?

Mark

N.E. Ohio
Mark wrote:

No, kickback is bad. You're after chatter.