I did the free subscription right about the time Readers
Digest bought the magazine. At first I had a problem with
getting not the magazine. Later I had a problem because I
was getting the magazine. It really stunk up the place.
AW appeals to the demographic that looks at the ad and thinks,
"Golly, I wonder what they do for the other fifty-nine minutes?"
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
Hey now!! I'm still on the short side of 40 (for 6 more months...)
On the plus side of the ledger this weekend :
- I have a 3 year old
- There's another one due at the beginning of June
- I moved 10,000 lbs of wood this weekend (4000 lbs twice due to poor
planning and 2000 once)
On the minus side of the ledger:
- I did 8 loads of laundry today so my wife could catch up on some sleep
- I had a "Dad's Day Together" with my daughter on Saturday so my wife
could get some more rest and do a little shopping
- I had to take a hot soaking bath after moving all the wood.
Unfortunately, 8 loads of laundry ate up the 75 gallon hot water heater and
all I managed was a lukewarm soak.
-I didn't bitch about it once.
Ok, there is no minus side. Let the ad show the old guy with his hand on
Everybody's still going to look at them and say "She's only with him for his
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.