Re: Acceptable chuck runout on cordless drills?

(non-visibly) warped/bent! After chucking in a confirmed dead-straight/true

> piece of round bar stock and checking with a calibrated dial indicator, this > drill/chuck had only 2-3 mils of runout at about 3" from the chuck. This is

I have a question: Given a straight bit, how easy should it be to mount it in the chuch straight?

With bits that I know are straight, sometimes I'll have to loosen, wiggle, readjust, and retighten 5-10 times before I can get a desd-straight bit to mount straight in the chuck. The drill is a Makita MForce 14.4v, with the 1/2in Rohm chuck.

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Thanks!

- Daniel

Reply to