Re: A Small Favor? Looks great and loads fast.

Could someone follow this link and let me know if the site is visible to the

>outside world. It's not complete, but I want to make sure it is at least >working. TIA > >
Dragon Breath

embarassed to have anyone look at it. Any real man works in a garage.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Dragon Breath wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

http://68.162.191.155:9080/Woodworking/(qwwdumvebn1pns30tq1xxgzx)/Default.aspxKind of an odd URL but it works.

Reply to
Casey Stamper

I have a domain forwarding account that redirects traffic to my home PC. That explains the http://68.162.191.155:9080/Woodworking/part. Since it was done using ASP.NET, it tres to maintain state. Someone complained about cookies, so I turned them off. It then started adding a session ID to the URL. You are correct, it is kind of odd.

Thanks for looking.

Reply to
Al Reid

Ok. So I have a junky shop and tools. Better yet, I don't even know how to use them. I will immediately take down the site to minimize my embasassment.

Reply to
Al Reid

It works fine. I like your shop. Wish I had so much space. I have to pull out one of the cars (or both) when we get ready to be doing some work.) And the shop looks clean and organized.

Reply to
MOE

As a show of friendship, I'm willing to come over and remove those crappy tools for you. Just think how much more room you'll have for old newspapers and magazines.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Exactly what did you use to stain those hot-tub steps? I was under the impression that the only thing you could do to pressure treated wood was paint it. Those steps look really good...

Reply to
Ed Clarke

Shop/tools links (nor any of the others) don't work in Mozilla.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

They were stained with a "home-brew" walnut stain. I also did a couple of hexagonal picnic tables (still in storage for the winter, and thus no pics) and a trash can cover using the same stuff.

The "Home Brew" stain is made from Walnuts that were left to turn brown, boiled, cooled, and pressed to extract the liquid.

Reply to
Al Reid