RE: A Sign Of The Times-Maybe

an EMP like solid state IC's Gold Lion tubes.

Reply to
Robatoy

you be foolin' me

I drove forty seven miles of barbwire got a cobra snake for a necktie got a brand new house by the roadside made form rattlesnake hide got a brand new chimney mate on top made from a human skull come on robby let's take a little walk tell me who do you love who do you love who do you love

(well, at least robbie was canukistani)

i have a gps. it is a garmin 60 csx. it don't got no tubes.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

WELL I NEVER!... . . okay..but it *is* true that tubes can handle EMPs better than solid state.

My GPS was made by the same company that made my chain-drive record player.

I'm a walkin' down the street like Lucky Larue Got my hand in my pocket I'm thinkin' 'bout you I ain't hurtin' nobody I ain't hurtin' no one

There's three hundred men in the state of Tennessee They're waiting to die, they won't never be free I ain't hurtin' nobody I ain't hurtin' no one

Six million seven hundred thousand and thirty-three lights on You think someone could take the time to sit down And listen to the words of my song

At the beach in Indiana I was nine years old Heard Little Richard singing "Tutti Frutti" From the top of a telephone pole I wasn't hurtin' nobody I wasn't hurtin' no one

There's roosters laying chickens and chickens layin' eggs Farm machinery eating people's arms and legs I wasn't hurtin' nobody I wasn't hurtin' no one

Perfectly crafted popular hit songs never use the wrong rhyme You'd think that waitress could get my order Right the first time

She's sitting on the back steps just shucking that corn That gal's been grinning since the day she was born She ain't hurtin' nobody She ain't hurtin' no one

I used to live in Chicago where the cold wind blows I delivered more junk mail than the junkyard would hold I wasn't hurtin' nobody I wasn't hurtin' no one

You can fool some of the people part of the time In a rock and roll song Fifty million Elvis Presley fans Can't be all wrong

Reply to
Robatoy

I truly appreciate you sending me that.

My last tape playing machine just failed (like right now) and it did so in the middle of a Ricky Skaggs compendium that a buddy of mine made up for me.

No more Skaggs?

Fuck that - homey is shopping tomorrow.

You know, CD players seem to hold up better than tape machines in the shop.

found a GD CD to play

lot of poor man got the Cumberland Blues He can't win or lose Lot of por man got to walk the line Just to play his union dues

that'll do for tonight.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

That Ricky ain't right. Nobody should be able to pick a flat-top like that.

Yup, I love that Ricky.

BTW, I forgot to thank you for turning me on to Nickel Creek. (That was quite a long time ago)

Try some Jackie Greene on for size. Very talented and capable. You'll end up playing the snot out of either CD...

Off to the fartsack I go...

Reply to
Robatoy

Man, wouldn't I like to hear dueling mandolins from RS and that kid from Nickel Creek.

damn.

(i can hear swing telling me now that they already done it on austin city limits)

Since I have an iPod, I figure i should just go buy some speaker thing tomorrow for the shop instead of one more mechanical device that will succumb to the dust.

hmmmmm

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Got a retired set of computer speakers? Makes a great shop stereo when you plug 'em into your iPod.

By "great" I mean, well, adequate. OK, they sound good with the table saw running.

Scott

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 01:46:28 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote (in article ):

How many sheets of 8 by 4 ply can you get on the roof rack and does it keep the rain off when you're getting blowed?

Might as well be a motorcycle, then....

Reply to
Bored Borg