RE: A Question

Page 2 of 2
"Swingman" wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------- Turns out it is only sold in 5 gal buckets so it's back to the drawing board since a quart get's this job done.
Thanks for trying.
Lew
On Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:26:04 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:

You know Lew, I never thought about that. I buy coatings in "fives" so much I don't stop to think about smaller amounts. So I looked at Sherwin Williams "Rexthane" another good product, and it only comes in singles (one gallon) and five gallon buckets.
Rustoleum industrial/commercial makes a good deck paint I have used and the same thing... singles and fives. Took to Google and can see why there aren't many quart offerings. They are almost as expensive as the gallon sizes for similar products!
Maybe you could find the smaller amounts in an upscale hardware store with a good paint shop like an ACE or something similar. I have used the ACE products with no complaints from me or my clients, but can't vouch for its longevity.
Robert

------------------------------------------------------------------- Sherwin Williams suggested a latex based porch and deck paint; however, they want to play the list price game.
The list price for a gallon is $57 which tells me the trade price is about $20-$25, but the local SW retail outlet would only extend a 10% discount.
Mrs. Hodgett's little boy Lew ain't very smart about a lot of things, but he ain't no idiot either.
I can probably get the trade price but right now, it's not worth the aggravation.
Lew
On 9/6/2014 10:55 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Register with SW, you automatically always get a 10% discount and you get e-mails sales for 24~30% off almost monthly
"Leon" wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 10%/30% doesn't get my attention.
Played the discount game most of my career.
If the first discount isn't at least 50%, you're not serious, IMHO.
Lew
On 9/6/2014 12:15 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I would think that getting the product on the surface might be more important than an additional $13 savings on a gallon.... If you can actually get that additional savings from a small purchase.
"Leon" wrote:

The SW approach to the market just p**ses me off.
I used to call on them in Cleveland when they were known for being cheap.
That might have something to do with it.
Lew