Re: A "PORTABLE" Table Saw - Which One?

On 8 Jan 2005 11:36:45 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
the ryobi bt3xxx has a following. it's not a saw for everybody, but the people who like 'em like 'em a lot.

I just bought the Ridgid. A bit pricey, but seems okay out of the box. Not a 12" SCM sliding table, but very good as far as portables go. The stand appears friendlier than the Ryobi (shudder) and the Bosch. Time will tell. Mine won't get that much use..and hey, 3 year warranty.
Rob
E=MC^2 3dB
Sat, Jan 8, 2005, 11:36am (EST-3) too_many snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Too_Many_Tools) proclaims: I am in the market for a PORTABLE table saw. <snip>
I don't see any mention of what you plan on cutting, or how often. That could make a difference. Hell, circular saw, sawguide, and saw horses, could do it.
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death
Well, depending upon our exact needs for a jobsite saw, the Ryobi mentioned in the article might just fit the bill.

Greetings,
I bought a Ryobi last year for just such uses. I keeps its trueness well enough, and is light enough to put into the back of an old wagon. I often mount it, on site, on a workmate.
Tim
I've had words with my BT3000 a few times since 5/92 but it has served me well. A construction foreman posted several years ago he was buying three BT3000s per year for each of his work crews because they were insisting on nothing else.