Re: 5" Pipe - Dust Collection System

Check the yellow pages HVAC suppliers.

Okay... after reading the write-ups, etc... it seems that doing a 5" > system is MUCH better then a 4" system. > > I happened to be at Home Depot tonight, and stopped in their AC > section. Surprisingly, they had some 5" componenets. They had a 5" > Adjustable 90 degree elbow for $2.55, a 5" 24" straight duct for > $2.50, and a 5" 5' straight duct for $6.00. > > Now... comparing this to the only other place I've found 5" parts > (Oneida direct), Home Depot kills Oneida. Is there a major difference > between the componenets? Or is Oneida just taking advantage here? > > I still need to call around and check local suppliers for other 5" > components, and I'm sure Oneida (or something similar) is the only > place for some of the parts. I still can't believe that an alum. 5" > Floor sweep is $38.40 from Oneida, when a 4" PVC floor sweep is only > $6. > > Anyone have any good suppliers for 5" parts? > > Mike N
Reply to
William E. Prisavage

Why use 5" it is a oddball size that can make life fun. best to use 6" as you can get gates hose and all the parts in that size. Plus flow is even better.

Reply to
Steve Knight

true if it is a 1hp unit but if that small 5" may be too small too. 1.5 hp and up are ok with 6" well I should say 11" to 12" fans I think.

Reply to
Steve Knight