Re: 5" Pipe - Dust Collection System

Check the yellow pages HVAC suppliers. 5" pipe is oddball but alot of suppliers carry it. get 28 or26 gau.Preferably26. You should be able to get 5' lengths but if your not used to working with sheet metal 2 or 3' might be easier.

On 18 Jul 2003 20:19:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@fxol.com (Mike Napurano) wrote:

Why use 5" it is a oddball size that can make life fun. best to use 6" as you can get gates hose and all the parts in that size. Plus flow is even better.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:55:33 -0100, "William E. Prisavage"

true if it is a 1hp unit but if that small 5" may be too small too. 1.5 hp and up are ok with 6" well I should say 11" to 12" fans I think.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes