Re: 3rd RFD: rec.woodworking.all-ages

Page 1 of 3
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:36:39 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@usask.ca wrote:

You mean like this ?

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th 84ca5236752d23&seekm24f055.0206132118.10c5586c%40posting.google.com#link7
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:24:07 +0100, Andy Dingley

Oh, that's priceless. I think I'll recruit friends who don't even read usenet to vote no.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
"Honestly, he's pretty normal for a kicker." -- Mike Holmgren about Josh Brown (Oct. 2003)
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:24:07 +0100, Andy Dingley

I'll bet he wouldn't have said that if he had known that...

There is nothing more fun than following the tracks in an archived world. Oops, I'm being rude and disrespectful to a, uh, what? A hypocrite?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

First of all, profanity is the FU** word, the SH** word, the C*** word. You know. Stuff you can't say on radio or network television. An occasional slip like that would not be awful. "Damn" is a grey word, and depending on how it's used determines how bad it is. The way Vito used it there is not too bad, though I am still uncomfortable with it.
Second of all, that was posted before Vito's accident when he was a different man. That was before he rediscovered his faith in God. People are allowed to repent. God will forgive sinners if they turn to Jesus. Even in the old days, Vito didn't use language like some of the wreckers do. You will not find The FU** word, the SH** word, or the C*** word in any of his posts. Dig away.
What did happen to vito...??? mjh
--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2
"Susan Welchel" < snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
Susan Welchel wrote:

I think I know the FU** word and the SH** word, but what is the C*** word? Is the second letter R, O or U?
UA100

Hey, Unisaw -- what's a four-letter word for "woman" that ends in U-N-T ?
Answer: v v v v v v v v v v v
A-U-N-T, of course.
Doug Miller wrote:

Oh now I'm all cornfused. The C word, it rhyme with aunt?
UA100
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Are we playing "hangman"?
Nova wrote:

Vana White?
UA100
Howdy!

That's a curious (convenient?) definition of profanity. Including "damn" as a profane word is unremarkable.

That's irrelevant. It's also distracting to be preaching Christianity in the context of an RFD for a woodworking group. Yeah, Jesus was a carpenter, but that is not near enough a connection to make it germane.
yours, Michael
snipped-for-privacy@radix.net | White Wolf and the Phoenix
Susan Welchel wrote:

You all can't even decide amongst yourselves what the Forbidden Words are, and you expect to be taken seriously?
What if I find the word "poopie-head" to be offensive? Does that mean I should go and set up a splinter group from your "rec.no-fun.woodworking" group? Are you going to make sure any potentially racist words are censored? How about foreign language cursewords?

Hmmmm ... I think your group is misnamed. It should be rec.holier-than-thou.woodworkers-for-jeezus
HTH.
Chuck Vance Just say (tmPL) I can't decide whether we need to get out the Klown Hammuh or the Klue Bat.
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:23:49 -0500, Conan the Librarian

Get a clue iron http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/clueiron /
Andy Dingley wrote:

Oh my ... that is absolutely outstanding. Thanks.
Chuck Vance

I suggest a clue-by-four.
--
Marcel

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:23:49 -0500, Conan the Librarian

I really don't thnk anything beyond the industry-standard 'cluebyfour' is indicated. "Do it with wood!" <grin>
On 22 Sep 2004 23:35:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com (Susan Welchel) wrote:

So what age is it suitable for ? You're putting forward an "all ages" proposal, and now you're backtracking that _some_ profanity is OK because it's not so bad after all.
"Susan Welchel" wrote in message ...

I see, I think. But since this is the internet, and worldwide, I have some information for you - profanity varies across the globe. The sh** word you seem worried about is used on tv in most places outside the puritanical USA. In some countries the C*** and F*** words are commonplace. So, is this rec.woodworking.all-ages.usa or rec.woodworking.all-ages.global?
Say hi to Ned Flanders for me.
--
Greg

Susan Welchel wrote:

You seem to be implying that use of the FU** word, the SH** word, or the C*** word, is a sin. If you ARE saying that, I'd like to see evidence.
--
This account is subject to a persistent MS Blaster and SWEN attack.
I think I've got the problem resolved, but, if you E-mail me

I may be throwing gasoline on a fire here, but...
"neither the swindler, the drunkard, the foul-mouthed or the rapacious shall have any share in the kingdom of God." [ I Corinthians 6:10]
"Let not your mouth form the habit of swearing...There are words which merit death; may they never be heard among Jacob's heirs. For all such words are foreign to the devout, who do not wallow in sin. Let not your mouth become used to coarse talk, for in it lies sinful matter...A man who has the habit of abusive language will never mature in character as long as he lives." [Sirach 23:9,12-13,15]