Re: 3 PC Drill Battery packs failed nearly at once.

wrote:

You might send one of the batteries out to have it refurbished (new cells). It generally costs about half what a new pack costs. I had the cells for my 14.4V Porter Cable drill replaced for about $35, IIRC. They're good as new. You can also do it yourself but I found it didn't save much money.

Most batteries fail from age, not use. So,if, they are all the same age they will all fail about the same time.
Chuck P.

That is simply not true. Li, for example, has a very definite number of recharge cycles, usually something like 500. It doesn't matter much over what time period or the depth of the cycles, 500ish is all you get.
BTW, I have a few 30yo GE NiCds that still hold a charge. Every once in a while I run across them and give 'em a charge to see.