Re: 20% off at HD - caveat

Ehvee8or writes:

Same website says, "20% off power tools."
Should read, "20% off SOME power tools."
Charlie Self
Dear Mr. Manager,

They why do you have it in the "Tool Corral" and not the "Secondary Tool Corral"?
Thanks,
David.

No, it should read "20% of MOST power tools". But ambiguous as it is, the original is still correct.
--
Dennis M. O'Connor snipped-for-privacy@primenet.com

They should have just printed the ad to read, "20% of everything that you don't want from the tool department", and left it at that.
dave
Dennis M. O'Connor wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Not always,
I need a new drill with a tail.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

The Home Depot I was in today had a large banner over the tool section that clearly stated what was on sale. There were also signs on the air compressors that stated they were not included in the sale.
Neal
Anyway, my Gift Cards arrived today from the last HD "hand tool" promotion. Lucky me ran down there and bought 2 "power tools". A Ridgid VS palm sander and Ryobi OSS. Less the $100 out the door. BTW was at Sears at 7AM they had a 20% off non craftsman power tools and an extra 10% early bird special. Picked up a Dewalt router combo kit for $150.00. Lastly hit Lowes for Dewalt biscuit joiner $120. Boy am I tired.
Dave

Around *here*, compressors and shop vacs _are_ in the Tool corral. In fact the _entire_ back wall of the tool corral is vacuums and accessories.
Generators are "somewhere else", agreed.
Hello there,

don't
Umm, what is the plot in finding Nemo? :).
And, I am the one person who has never seen the Lion King either...
Thanks,
David.

Although crying is your own dumb characterization of it, if noone complains, nothing changes.
If everone complains, maybe next year they will have NO sale!
wrote:

the
crying?

Take a look at other stores, like JCPenny. Their promotions are agressively advertised, then at the bottom (you'll need a magnyfiying glass if you're over 40) read all the exceptions to the sale. It might help if have a lawyer friend (all I have is two college degrees and that doen't help much.) Anyway, I found searching the internet gives me good buys without physically getting into a store.
good point. OR Macy's.
dave
Phisherman wrote:

I had somewhat of a disconcerting alternative to said sale happen to me a couple months ago. I was traveling through Ohio and was able to stop at Highland Hardware's retail store. I spent the better part of two hours in there, picking up a decent basket full of small items.
When I got to the cash register, the absolutely stunningly gorgeous (woops - off topic) uhh, the cashier proceeded to discount my entire purchase 20%. I couldn't figure out why and asked her - she said that everything that was able to fit in "this bag" (and held up a small paper bag with a bunch of writing on it) was 20% off, that day only. I was sorely tempted to go back and fill up a few more baskets, but after spending two hours in there, I wasn't about to spend a few more trying to find stuff that I didn't really want or need.
Sales are rarely sales, if you read the fine print.
Jon E
Jon Endres writes:

Ohio? I thought the only HH was in Atlanta. Have they developed store #2?
Charlie Self
Charlie Self said:

Yep, they're here. And nope, no 2nd store.
Greg G.
Woops.
It was Hartville Tool, NOT Highland Hardware. Musta seen Highland mentioned here recently or sumpin'.