Re: 2 Questions

years ago, If you you go to that site and do a search you can buy that particular issue. I built it about 10 years ago. The cabinet rolls on casters, has an area to store a fence and miter gauge, 8 drawers, and 2 storage areas plus dust collection.

You ground the system so that you do not get a static electrical shock and to help prevent clogs.
The question is: How do I ground the system? I run a bare wire inside the hose, then

Well...I am sure there are going to be many who tell me this is a terrible idea.......BUT.....after reading everything I could before I set up my dust collector in my little shop (used to be the garage), I use some flex tubing, and some pvc drain pipe in mine. I have the pvc grounded as you say, but the flex isn't at all.....the pvc I grounded just because there seemed to be more static discharge on it than the flex hose.
I have a smaller section of flex hose that I use with some of my smaller tools....sanders, etc....and there really isn't that much static electricity involved.
Soo.....if you do as I do, and blow yourself up, please don't blame me.....I have not yet set myself on fire or had a conflagration in my shop. ...yet (7 years)