Re: 2 Questions

Hello all,

> > I have 2 questions I would like opinions on. > > 1. Does anyone have a plan or pictures of a table saw cabinet for the > Delta 36-650? I want to remove the stand that comes with the saw and > replace it with a cabinet to hold blades, wrenches, etc. Any comments > welcome!

Ther was a nice cabinet with instructions and drawings in WoodSmith some years ago, If you you go to that site and do a search you can buy that particular issue. I built it about 10 years ago. The cabinet rolls on casters, has an area to store a fence and miter gauge, 8 drawers, and 2 storage areas plus dust collection.

> 2. I am going to use three lengths of 10' flex hose with my dust > collector (Delta 1 hp). I have read endlessly about the grounding > issue and have decided to be safe rather than sorry.

You ground the system so that you do not get a static electrical shock and to help prevent clogs.

The question is: How do I ground the system? I run a bare wire inside the hose, then

cut a small hole to allow the wire to attach to a bare metal part on > aech machine and the DC? I will be hooking this up to a 2.5" DC system > (once used with a shop vac) as well. How do I ground this portion? How > would I ground a sander for instance? I should also mention that I > have a water tap in my shop, so I guesss I could ground the system > there. >

You can run the wire on the outside of the hoses or pipes.

Any comments would be appreciated. > > Thanks > SW
Reply to
Leon

Well...I am sure there are going to be many who tell me this is a terrible idea.......BUT.....after reading everything I could before I set up my dust collector in my little shop (used to be the garage), I use some flex tubing, and some pvc drain pipe in mine. I have the pvc grounded as you say, but the flex isn't at all.....the pvc I grounded just because there seemed to be more static discharge on it than the flex hose.

I have a smaller section of flex hose that I use with some of my smaller tools....sanders, etc....and there really isn't that much static electricity involved.

Soo.....if you do as I do, and blow yourself up, please don't blame me.....I have not yet set myself on fire or had a conflagration in my shop. ...yet (7 years)

Reply to
Paul