Re(2): Cat Tree Plans online?

I just went to a large local pet shop, studied, then went home and built >similar. >

>Two 2X4s nailed together for main tower. Scrap plywood base and shelves. >Wrapped part of main tower post with rope. Covered everthing else with >carpet. > Hot melt glue and air stapler help a lot. Carpet was scrap from a >dumpster at >a local flooring store. Total out of pocket cost was close to zero. > >Mill

When my cats were kits in 1998, I built a tower/playhouse out of 8" PVC water pipe (green) with carpet scraps on the inside so they could climb as well as the outside. They had favorite types of carpet. They loved the turns (tees and wyes), the suspended from it, etc. Working with an underground utilities contractor helped me get good prices on the pieces that were not already scraps from a job. I must admit the tower they have in this house is PetCo-purchased, but they love it. The plan that was posted in an earlier post looks great.

Yes, when I bought the way-too-expensive cat tower, my sweet little Aussie got a fancy feeder and waterer so she had "equal" treatment. Sadly, she went to doggy heaven in 2001. :-(

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose