RCW repeat - you all might have more to add - WOOD DRYING google links

This was posted on the RCW and I got to thinking that this NG may have a different slant on it. It's a result of a renewed thread on drying methods. Most all of these are slanted toward commercial operations understandably.

Our interest is specifically in accelerating the drying of woodturnings without cracking, splitting, even minimizing warpage. While lumber is not exactly the same situation as turnings it gives a feel for the methods and science of drying.

Just start clicking and have a ball. Add Dan Bollinger's link to this list. Thanks for any input; hope it helps someone. TomNie

(mostly oak)

UofMinnesota professor

(vacuum oriented)

(solar kiln details)

(home built kiln)

(solar kiln plans)

(Timbergreen data from ECtr of Wisconsin)

?n=283155
(moisture meters)

(interesting meter info)

(primarily pulp)