RAS - what do you guys think

I am only about a $75 delivery charge away from this Dewalt RAS currently at $56.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryW124&item841221102&rd=1

I think that everyone who lives closer to Chicago than you do is bidding right now. :o)
I think it will pass $200 before it is done. Maybe $400.
$156!

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:57:36 -0500, "Bob Peterson"

Being from Aurora, I'm only about a $5 delivery charge away...$57 here we come...
Don't worry. Although I spent 21 years there, I no longer am there. I'm really about $1500 away, so I won't be bidding.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

I am intrigued by the 3 1/2 horse motor that runs on 110v. Maybe he meant 0.35 hp. Must have gotten his rate-o-meter from Sears.
Good luck! Ebay tends to run up the price grossly in the last 10 minutes of the auction. I bet you have to pay more than $56.
Bob
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:57:36 -0500, "Bob Peterson"

I spent a month bidding on used Dewalt biscuit jointers.. I'd have the "winning" bid for days at maybe $50 and then in the last 30 min, they'd get bid up to $100 or more... and that's PLUS shipping...
Ended up buying a reconditioned one from Dewalt for $140 including shipping..
I think I came out ahead, since your odds of buying a used one and not having to replace the blade as soon as you get it are pretty low..
that said, I'm about to start another thread here about items I'm bidding on now.. *blush*
Mac
mac davis wrote:

No wonder it took you a month... you should NEVER bid on an auction until about 90 seconds before the auction ends. Bid the maximum amount you're willing to spend. Bidding early only drives up the price and gives others the opportunity to beat you.
I've never won an auction on ebay where I posted a bid more than 2 minutes before the end of the auction. The process is called sniping... and it works.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:47:04 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

yep.. I learned that tonight, after losing too many in the closing minutes... got a set of 4 bar clamps and a replacement "fence straddler" for my old shopsmith..
Most of the dewalts that I lost were because I set my max bid at $100... $40 less than the store price of a reconditioned one..
Mac