RAS (Old DeWalt)

I needed to make up about 20 small boxes for the daughter of a friend... fortunately, another friend had just set up an old DeWalt RAS her father had left her.
The table was a little out of kilter, and I wasn't too confident with the fence, so I made up a temporary sled... put a two-foot piece of 3/4" board on the table against the fence, cut a slot to fit a thin back board, and use that. In theory, should have been absolute straight cuts after that.
Well... except that the metal column that the entire saw rides up and down on has a slight pivot of about 3-4 degrees. :P
I was able to make do and get the boxes done, but now I'm curious... is there any way to try and redress this behavior? The only thing I could think of was trying to attach something to the top of the tube that the column rides in which will extend into the column (hollow with a slot in it), but I'm not sure that's the best bet.
Suggestions/comments/snickers?
Thanks.
-- Kurt

There are adjustments that can be made to the saw. I can't bring all of them to mind, but close examination should reveal them.
Maybe a google would be in order. Try this link.
http://www.mrsawdust.com /
Carlin wrote:

"Fine Tuning Your Radial Arm Saw", out of print but included on the "Stationary Saws with Jon Eakes" DVD for ten bucks. <http://joneakes.com/dvd
Complete step by step instructions for adjusting DeWalt, Delta, and Craftsman saws.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

There is a great "DeWalt Radial Arm Saw" group over on Delphi Forums that deals mostly with the older HomeOwner type saws. They are a great bunch that are willing to help the most raw of nooby as well as seasoned woodworking pros.
The manual and alignment info for that saw is covered in the FAQ on the delphi forum or you can download the manual from OWWM.com.
Those old Dewalt are great machines, but they will never perform as expected until you build a good straight top and align the machine properly.
Scott.