RAS leftovers

So, through a couple of transactions, I picked up a nice old RAS, no base but solid. Then, bought a newer RAS with base and retract casters, but bad "unrepairable" motor. ($10) Old saw on new base, new switch on old say, sell it off at market price for a reasonable profit. Used new saw table parts for some other project. Stripped and scrapped the rest. However, I couldn't seem to bring myself to scrap the frame of the newer saw. So I've got this frame with pretty solid C-channel construction, with a hight-adjustable overarm, that rotates and locks, and a trolley with rotation and "yaw" adjustment. Aside from the drum sander setup, what else in the woodworking/metalworking domain should I make with this? Overarm plasma cutter? Guided angle grinder? Overhead router support? This is in a general wood/metal hobby shop, supporting home improvement, '60s car and boat, and a teenageer. Already have lathe, mill, standard ww sutff, CSMS, etc. etc. It's not a storage problem right now, so it's just hanging around. Suggestions? Or should I chuck it, too?

"Chip"

Reply to
Chip Chester

Need a radial arm drill?

Reply to
dadiOH

really hi-tech pen press?

maybe put a sanding drum or disk on it and make a surface sander or planer??

Press wheel bearings? *g*

Mac

mac davis

You could make into an overarm router. Not sure how you would go about it but you asked for suggestions - not schematics -LOL

Reply to
C & E