RAS DC when ripping

Yea, a RAS question..
Despite a clean filter in the shop vac, I still have a lot of dust escaping from the RAS when in rip position (and yes, does a good job). The tiny port on the top and the corresponding small hose connect to a dust shroud on the back.
Anyone try coupling this port to a 45 degree Y in the hose running from the main DC? Does it do any better?

Mine does. I have a 4" hose connected to a shroud behind the blade and a small hose from the port on top of the blade guard. VERY little sawdust escapes. I should mention that my DC is a 2 HP cyclone and it really sucks.
Max

What is doing a good job? The saw rips correctly? You need a large volume of air and a little shop vac will not do that. It is about 6 times too small I would guess. I have a tapered box behind my radial arm saw. It works ok with a big 600 cfm or bigger vacuum when cutting 90 degrees. Not so swell when I cut at angles that are anything but 90 degrees.