Random Orbital sander question

I have a Rockwell ROS that I have used very little because it makes terrible swirl marks on the work when starting. I have tried pulling the trigger with the disk in contact with the work and also slowly placing the running sander on the work. In both cases the initial swirls are a problem. Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance. Dave

I could be wrong here but did the sander ever work like a ROS? I was not aware that ROS's existed when Rockwell was still selling tools.
You are right, it is a Porter Cable. Yes it works like a ROS but makes 5 inch swirls where it starts.
Dave W wrote:

that is not allowing enough time for the random orbit to randomize the scratches.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA