Rand Power Tools

I sometimes peruse the power tool listings on ebay and lately have run across a guy selling a brand I never heard of - Rand. The pictures make them look pretty sturdy. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand.

Reply to
Bob Peterson

Yea...I saw those too. Cant really track down where they came from but, I suspect it is the same factories that pump out the stuff for Harbor Freight. It looks like about that level of quality. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

They look a bit sturdier to me than the typical HF stuff, but its hard to tell much from a picture.

Reply to
Bob Peterson

I did a google, but all it found was Ingersoll-Rand. I doubt if it's the same company. Joe

Reply to
Joe_Stein

You could ask the seller about all the details of the company.... Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Interestingly I have emailed several people who have bought the tools. All said they were nice looking but none have actually put them to use yet.

Reply to
Bob Peterson

I've seen those things for sale a lot. They're generic Chinese tools, just like all the others on eBay with names no one's heard of. Rand, Cummins, Bulldog, American Tool, Tool Exchange, Aerotek, etc.

The quality won't be great, but it'll mostly depend on luck as to what it's like. I bought an Aerotek drill press before I knew better and it was unusable. Like it was made by cavemen with sharp rocks. Other ones I've seen were much better.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4