Rand Power Tools

I sometimes peruse the power tool listings on ebay and lately have run across a guy selling a brand I never heard of - Rand. The pictures make them look pretty sturdy. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand.
    Greetings and Salutations..
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:19:35 -0500, "Bob Peterson"

from but, I suspect it is the same factories that pump out the stuff for Harbor Freight.     It looks like about that level of quality.     Regards     Dave Mundt
They look a bit sturdier to me than the typical HF stuff, but its hard to tell much from a picture.

Bob Peterson wrote:

same company. Joe

Alex
Interestingly I have emailed several people who have bought the tools. All said they were nice looking but none have actually put them to use yet.

I've seen those things for sale a lot. They're generic Chinese tools, just like all the others on eBay with names no one's heard of. Rand, Cummins, Bulldog, American Tool, Tool Exchange, Aerotek, etc.
The quality won't be great, but it'll mostly depend on luck as to what it's like. I bought an Aerotek drill press before I knew better and it was unusable. Like it was made by cavemen with sharp rocks. Other ones I've seen were much better.
GTO(John)