raised panel bit

I have a Freud 3 piece raised panel set and the panel bit does not have a back cutter. I noticed some sets do. For my set do I have to do a back cut with a rabbet bit or something?

Yes you will have to make a back cut. You can do it with the TS or on the router table with a straight cut bit elevated enough to make the panel fit the rails and stiles slots. I actually prefer this type set up as it lets you be more flexible when milling the raised panel.

sides the same.

Or, you can mill your panel stock to 5/8" instead of 3/4" and leave the back flat. Depends on which look you prefer.
Thanks for the tips