Rain on power tools

I'd be leery of flushing out any tool with bearings with any solvent. sounds like a good way to remove the lubricant from the bearings to me.

Reply to
bridger

Let your wife plug them in .(just kidding) Most power tools are sealed , I have had this happen a few times and let them dry indoors for a few days with no problems.

Reply to
Robert Ferrentino

Put them on a heat register in your house, let the heat blow on them for about a week. They'll work as good as new.

Bob

Reply to
bob

Better yet just put them in the auto in the sun with the windows closed, when the windows are not steamy they are done.

And yes a tongue might be slightly askew here.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

A little water won't hurt these tools. My stuff gets wet on jobs all the time. Have a 20 year old Air-O-Smith compressor that has been wet too many times to count and it still works fine. Never use WD40 on lubricated parts. It will wash the lubricant off then dry out leaving nothing to keep the part lubricated. Rabbit

Reply to
Joe Mama

hmm... interesting brand... does it sing "dream on" a lot? *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis