Rain Gutter for Gazebo?

I built a 8-sided screened gazebo attached to my low deck. It sits on a yard with a fairly steep slope. When it rains, the water runs off the roof and is causing erosion and a small gully down the sloping lawn. I've thought about putting a border of small shrubs/flowers with mulch around the base to absorb the water or a border with gravel, but I'm concerned that the mulch or stones will just wash away as well.
I've considered a rain gutter to channel the water down the back side. But I can't seem to find gutter parts that have 22-degree corners and something "low profile" that doesn't cover the decorative ends of the rafters. Standard gutters look too big and seem like overkill for the need.
Any ideas?? Thanks!!
--Jeff
On 30 Oct 2006 13:20:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bend 2" EMT into whatever shape you want, and then split it lengthwise.
I had a lawn with excess wsater and used semi-perforated plastic draintile, dug a trench, layed a thin layer of pea gravel in the bottom, added the draintile and covered. I have used either decorative rock (1 to 2 inch diameter) or the sod to cover the drain-tile depending on your preference for appearance. Just route the draintile to wherever you want the water carried away to.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Along the lines of your second response, there are people who don't have gutters on certain structures for historical or asthetic reasons, but what they'll often do is relocate their gutters to the ground in a sense by digging out a V-shaped trench around their structure which is bottom-lined with impermiable plastic and then filled with perforated drainage line surrounded by gravel, topped off with geotextile fabric (to keep dirt out) and another layer of gravel. The drainage line takes the water far away from the foundation.
The pipe leading away can (and should) be solid, not perforated.
I would go with the rocks/plants option. Unless you have a huge gazebo, the run-off from any one section shouldn't be very much. Also gutters and downspouts will look out of place on your gazebo.