Raffling off a project for a cause

Page 3 of 3

and another grain, I appreciate all that you post here.
On 2/28/2013 11:07 PM, Mike M wrote:

That's a bucketful, Bubba! :)
Thank you, Mike. Shot #6/208 last night, #7 tonight. Ya gotta know how much seeing those donations yesterday meant to her in facing the remaining 207.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Karl, you know how much continuing communication has helped Rob & Angela, and I am now referring to Facebook in large part. May I suggest that M does something like that? At least I would not mind encouraging her on FB, if (and only if) she so desires.
--
Best regards
Han
On 3/1/2013 9:50 AM, Han wrote:

As far as I know she, and all her college friends, shut down their FB accounts a couple of years back.
She was on Facebook when you and I were saying "Face ..what??", but apparently many of this particular age group no longer use Facebook (probably because us old fogies started using it?) and, I"m guessing here, have moved to Twitter? :)
Thus far I have found no reason, personal or business wise, to succumb to "tweeting" ... too busy chasing kids off my lawn. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

I'm just lurking on twitter ... What's a lawn?? My spouse claims she has the rights to the outside, and is steadily diminishing the area where there are still weeds growing ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 3/1/2013 10:20 AM, Han wrote:

Ask -MIKE- ... :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

My sister knows how I hate lawns and sent me a copy of her friend's book for Christmas. It was -so- fresh off the presses (several days) that I've had to let the ink air out for awhile. It looks like a real keeper but I haven't yet read it. Perhaps your wife would like a copy, too. http://tinyurl.com/bzfa6bk (not yet available at Amazon)
The New American Front Yard: Kiss Your Grass Goodbye!
--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron

That's the back yard on the cover of the book. The front yard has a bit of time to get there ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 3/2/2013 10:34 AM, Han wrote:

I walk by a number of those around here on a daily basis ... the pup is not impressed, but I like the idea.
Anything to keep the kids off the lawn, right Radcliffe?? ... ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

No problems with kids in my yard. Radburn has the parks for the kids. Each house has the kitchen on the street (mostly cul-de-sac) side, and another door that leads either directly to the park (ours) or via a walkway between houses to the park. See http://radburn.org .
Also many people here adher to the village theory: It takes a village to educate the kids. Very old-fashioned perhaps, but we try to keep it that way.
--
Best regards
Han
On 3/2/2013 11:02 AM, Han wrote:

That's a grouchy old man joke, Han. Traditionally something old men are always yelling at the neighborhood kids:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=get+off+my+lawn
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
wrote in

Yes, but I'd like a penny for every time it happened for real in the US. Just for a week, or maybe just a day. Could use it to help feed some hungry people ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 3/2/2013 1:05 PM, Han wrote:

Truth were told, I'm the first one in the yard playing with them, especially if they have a remote controlled helicopter, airplane, or car ... my depression era parents refused to spring for an electric train. ;)
Not kidding, until I gave it one of the kids, I kept a remote controlled jeep in the shop just to tease both the neighbor's kids, and the dogs, with mysterious, unmanned drive-bys. :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
wrote in

I had a wind-up spring-powered Mrklin trainset as a kid. Laid trak all over the attic, and let it plunge down in the stair well more times than I'd care to remember. Gave left-over pieces to a friend/trainbuff.
I did model rockets with my kids. My son now does some with his. Never went for the RC cars etc. Too expensive, not enough opporetunity to let them roam here. Waiting for really affordable quadracopters <grin>.
--
Best regards
Han

Glad I could help. I've been fortunate but truely try to look after others. One never knows when one may be in need. I've mentioned my legs being shattered so I do understand what looking at a long healing process takes. It is a full time job. Some day maybe the medical field will be all about healing and not profit. Now I sound delusional.
<snip>

Makes me feel even better now!
--
Best regards
Han

I haven't met anyone in the Caillouet family in person, but admire them greatly from interactions with Karl, and hearing the respectful way the treat each other and (most) others. My spouse's family has gone through a similar disaster, compressed into 5 months, as Robatoyand did and we know how both families have suffered and persevered. Thankfully Michelle has a disease that doesn't have the same prognosis (I think), but nevertheless she will need all the assistance anyone can give. I hope Karl and Michelle will not forgo to ask for help, virtual, mentaal and financial.
--
Best regards
Han