Radius corners?

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a way to make a perfect radius corner.....about a half inch radius or so.
Is there any technique with a jig or something someone can share?
I really want an accurate, production setup to do these -- not a jig saw cut and sanding etc.
There must be something?
(I don't mean a roundover edge -- I mean a rounded corner).
THANKS
mkr5000 wrote:

What you have to use?
The "standard" way would be to make a pattern and then use it as a template w/ a bearing-guided router or shaper to make the cut.
I have just about every tool known to man. problem is, the pieces I have to get corners on are pretty small, about 7" x 2.5".
If it were a large piece, I could make a template and then use it as a guide for my small laminate trimmer.
Maybe I'll have to try something like a dremel or roto tool.
mkr5000 wrote:

That's not that small -- what's the hangup? If you need more support for the router, make a jig that holds them that has an edge the same thickness for the router to ride on.
On the shaper, a toggle clamp will hold them and run the template against the guide bearing.

Then using one of your "every tool know to man" ;~), make a pattern plate out of Masonite or MDF as a guide and use a top bearing pattern bit in you router table, use the pattern on bottom of the piece needing the modification.
I make a lot of kids toys and have to do this a lot.
I use a straight router bit with a bearing pilot that I use 1/4" thick templates I lay over the material I have to round and just let the router do the work.
It works with corners, curves and all kinds of shapes.

I gotcha.
Simple, really, just very busy right now and wanted to get some hints.
Just start feeding the corner into the router till a "rounded edge" template hits the bearing pilot, right?
And yes, I do have just about "every tool known to man".
It's just an expression.
"How do I make a perfect radius cut?" "Make a template with a perfect radius and follow the template to make the cut?" Circular logic no? (pun intended)
There are easy ways to make an exact radious for the template but it might be easier to buy a template made for that purpose. Look at the lower template closely on the page link below. The outer corners are all different radi so they can be used to do what you need. You can use this template to make a better suited (size wise) template or use it as it is.
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=20949

Looks good.
I was going to use something premade -- I have some factory made acrylic circles and some other "stuff" laying around.
In fact, it's just part of my "everything known to man" collection.
mkr5000 wrote:

1) Fix the cutter, move the piece. 2) Fix the piece, move the cutter.
Either way, the template moves relative to the cutter.
Lew
RE: Subject
Use a "De-Stako" or equal over center clamp to lock work piece into jig.
Improves not only speed of operation, but also safety.
Lew

Use a corner rounding cutter in your shaper or router table. Run the workpieces by it, on edge, using a miter gauge or a push block against the fence. You may need a backup piece to eliminate chipping. For speed, gang the pieces.
John Martin

Layout the radius. Mechanic sockets and a pencil work fine. Leaving the line bandsaw the corners. An oscillating spindle sander does a fast job sanding to barely touch the pencil line. Without a OSS, a drum sander chucked in the drill press or disk sander with table will do. Good lighting can make a difference.
You can get close with this: http://patwarner.com/rat.html **********************************

I do it with a hardboard or MDF template and a pattern bit. I'll use a coin or anything else that's the right size to trace and make the template.
In use, it's super fast and easy to use. If you're going to use it for enough repetitions, adding "fence blocks" on the bottom side makes it even faster to place on the work.