radial drill press help needed

I recently brought an off-brand import benchtop radial drill press, and needless to say, the quality is sadly lacking. However, even the domestic, if there really is such a thing anymore, all look exactly the same. Specs look the same, machining looks the same, mechanicals look the same, etc.
Although I am not real pleased, and I already have to go to a local store due to defective parts, I am not sure if replacing with a better brand would be any better.
Any comments on radial presses in general, and brands in particular would be MUCH appreciated!!!
FYI- I paid $159(on sale from $179), including very strudy stand. Very close to a Delta price...
All homeowner radial drill presses are the same excact design, all made in China or Taiwan. Delta, Sears, HF, Homier, generic, I think Emco, all the same.
The difference is in quality control--the care of machining, casting, and the motor quality. No-names have sloppy parts and rough finish, and underpowered motors prone to burning up. Something like a Delta will be on another level all-around. However, even they're not the quality they used to be.
I'd look into getting something old and used. Vintage non-radial DPs in good shape can be found if you dig.
GTO(John)

Ditto what John said though I can only think of a small handful of radials available on the used market. One was built by Rockwell and it's definitely a home shop version. Still it's ten times better than most machines being sold today.
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id 5
On the other hand, if you were to come across an old Walker-Turner (later Rockwell/still later Delta) radial drill you'd be set for life.
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?idG3
The shape always reminds me of Mother from Alien(s).
UA100, who wishes he had the extra 8-10 sq. ft. for a W-T radial...
GTO69RA4 wrote:

Homier... Now there's a name I never care to see again. They did their tent thing here, and I drove by to check it out just to see if there was anything there worth looking at.
There definitely wasn't. It was the most incredibly wretched pile of poorly-made, rusting, flaking, falling-apart crap I've ever seen in one place.
They must take the stuff that HF refuses. :)
No comments on brands but there is something you should keep in mind. Most of the drill presses you will see are made in Taiwan or China, regardless of brand. The difference is in the quality control. If the company specifies cheap junk, they get cheap junk. If they specify acceptable quality, that's what they get. The better importers have there own quality control people in the country of origin.

I bought the Shop Fox floor mounted radial in preference to the Delta and am quite happy with it. If you have questions abouit it e-mail me.