Radial Arm Saw Blade Squaring

I have a DeWalt Radial Arm Saw and when I did two cuts the other day after turning the board over, I noticed that the cuts had a slight taper to them. This would indicate that the blade isn't perpendicular to the table.
My question is: How do you square up the blade so it is perpendicular? The blade can be rotated , but it has pin locators for 90 degrees. Is there a way to rotate the pin block to return the blade to perpendicular?
The saw was bought by my father in about 1962 and never even opened until I got it in 1979.
--
Ben

Ben Loosli wrote:

Well worth the 15 Canadian bucks.
--
--John
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:50:07 +0000, Ben Loosli wrote:

Tuning a RAS involves many adjustments, most of which are dependent of the proper order of adjustments. To get the most out of your RAS, here is one book that describes the adjustments as well as the order of the adjustments:
<http://www.wired-2-shop.com/joneakes/ProductDetail.asp?ProdID=3&nPrdImageID=&CatID=3
Well worth the price.
-Doug
--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
then you and I will still each have one apple.

I'll add, these DeWalt Saws came properly adjusted from the factory and unless something got bumped or broken in a move it's most likely a table problem, so check that first. Typically they don't need to be readjusted in normal use.
--
Rumpty

Here is an article every radical alarm saw owner should have printed out and ready for reference.
http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticles/dewaltrebuild.pdf
It also never hurts to have a copy of the manual.
http://owwm.com
UA100
Thanks for the link, Rogers article is essential reading.
FWIW, the "adjustment" Ben is asking about is simple to do on this saw, but he needs to evaluate the table first. Typically it's the table that moves and not the saw alignment. A two ply steel reinforced Mr. Sawdust style table eliminates table movement.
--
Rumpty

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:50:07 GMT, "Ben Loosli"
remove ns from my header address to reply via email No no! RAS blades should be ROUND! ***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.