Rabbet Size for Back

Page 2 of 2

And if I may ask, what make/model of dual purpose brad nailer might that be?
On 4/18/2012 6:28 PM, Dave wrote:

This particular one is a Delta DBS-125. I use it mostly for staples because I have an 18ga Bostich that I keep loaded with brads, but it shoots brads equally as well
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 04/18/2012 09:31 AM, Pat Barber wrote:

On 4/18/2012 11:13 AM, John Shear wrote:

Well I always assume that I might want to change a back some day, to another contrasting shade and or replace with a mirror. I screw my backs in.
On 4/18/2012 12:17 PM, Leon wrote:

I've never glued a back in for the same reason. Nails are removable. On the other hand, I don't think I ever removed, replaced or otherwise touched a back once installed.
--
Jack
On 4/19/2012 10:18 AM, Jack wrote:

I used to brad many years ago And I don't recall why I switched but I think I had to remove a back once, i don't recall why. Its kinda like you and your reason for liking Philips head screws. Screws are easier to remove than nails.

Not overkill. I don't use washer head screws, but I do use regular oval head screws. The advantage being is the easy removal of said screws and the back whenever necessary.
     snipped-for-privacy@furrfu.invalid (Drew Lawson) writes:

Before I get another chance to forget, thanks to all that I haven't already thanked.
Much to learn. Much to do.
--
Drew Lawson | It's not enough to be alive