Qx - Straightening a Cupped Panel

Page 2 of 2
On 7/9/2012 10:07 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

<snipped for brevity>

//Quote news.eternal-september.org is a private project providing free access to "text-only" Usenet News. -http://www.eternal-september.org / //EndQuote
--
Digger
Bob O'Dell

That is a provider of text-only usenet groups, as already stated.
I paid Astraweb.com $10 in June 2008 for 25 GB of downloads. I use that news service exclusively, but don't really use it to download big files, which is what you can do there. Now, today, I still have 23,712,097,568 bytes (23.71 GB) left to download. There is no expiration date. I think that was $10 well spent. Latency, uptime and retention are all very favorable compared to Eternal.
Suggestion: Spend $10.
--
Best regards
Han

Thanks Steve. That worked and I could see Tom's pictures.
--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions

Thanks, Steve. MUCH better than abpw.
Now I can see Deb's booful bench, too. I hope she's finished finishing the inside of the bottom rails by now. ;)
-- It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/week.html Art

Shoulda read further down first. Art
On 7/8/2012 11:24 AM, Tom wrote:

I think you're on the right approach. I've had fair luck actually setting the board on the grass (not rained on, not watered) to increase the humidity.
--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
On 7/9/2012 3:44 AM, DanG wrote:

What happens when the board again attains equilibrium? Would seem to me the panel likely attained the shape it is predestined to attain and to change that you either have to stretch/compress fibers as in bending the wood to a shape it is not currently destined to attain, or, hack at it with a saw to force compliance as Leon said. Wood elasticity increases with heat, hot moisture is the quickest and safest way to increase the temperature enough to boost elasticity where permanent destiny change can be made via force.
--
Jack
Jack:

Dan:
Thanks for the input. Grass is what The Furniture Doctor recommends, but I'm hopeful that my wet towel under the blocked up panel will accomplish something similar. No joy so far, and it's raining today, so we'll just have to see. The rain is appreciated regardless of its impact on my project.
Regards.
Tom