Quiet Air Compressors

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:19:39 -0800, "Joseph Connors"

You might think of adding a cooling fan.. I'm in the planning stage for a sound enclosure for the compressor and DC and plan to incorporate (damn, I used a big word!) a small attic fan with a thermostat, venting towards the neighbor i like the least..

A cooling fan could even be switched on and off with the pressure switch, so it's not running all the time.
Barry
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:45:15 GMT, Ba r r y

very possible.. I just plan on using the thermostat one because it comes as a unit in the fan and is fairly affordable.. Also, thinking about it a little more... since it gets up to maybe 105 or 108 (F) here during the summer, anything that helps vent the garage as the heat increases is a good thing.. *g*

Serendipitously, I wandered onto this web site just the other night:
<http://www.cianperez.com/Photo/Exposed/album_WoodWerx/Projects/Compresso r_Enclosure/Pages/Compressor_Enclosure.htm>
--
Hank Gillette

Thanks Hank! This just what I'm thinking of doing.

Let us know how it works. I might want to build one sometime.
--
Hank Gillette

So, he wants a new compressor, eh?