Questions about drying wood...

I need a piece of 12/4 walnut. Good news is that I have a bunch of it drying in my basement; bad news is that it has only been there about 6 months. So while my meter says 8%, I presume it is moister inside. Is that correct?
Could I stick it in an oven for a while? How long? What temperature?
I can glue some up from dry wood, but it would be nice to use this if possible. Thanks.

Usually it takes 1 year per inch of thickness. As far as putting it in the oven, that can be done but I couldn't tell you for how long and what temp.
You will want to wax the ends while it is drying to prevent checks.
Gary