QUESTION: Trying to find decent picture frame stock

Interesting. No, I've searched for 'picture frame stock' and 'picture frame moulding'

Thanks - I'll certainly follow up on those!

Reply to
BD

Look, Picture framing is a racket (more or less). But you CAN do what I did. I'm a photographer and I do alot of my own framing. I wanted to buy frame materials at wholesale, so I wanted to deal with a supplier.

The reason they require a tax ID is that they dont want to deal with charging you sales tax. They sell only to business and those businesses deal with the tax.

1) File a DBA (costs about $30 and a little of your time). 2) Get a state sales tax #. This requies filling out a form. No fee. The downside of this is you will probably have to file quarterly sales tax forms. Not hard - just annoying 3) go back to supplier and buy whatever you want.
Reply to
Frank