Question To The Group - Wood Turners Migrating Here?

Page 1 of 2
The usenet newsgroup rec.cafts.woodturning apparently is being dropped by many of the large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and based on the drop off and posts to that group vs posts to this group, it looks like The Wreck is still alive and kicking.
So - how does this group feel about turners migrating to The Wreck - putting "Turning" as the first word in the subject line of posts here?
charlie b

I always figured this group was more of a generic woodworkign group whereas others (such as r.c.woodturning) were more specific subject specific groups.
My personal feeling is if it's working in wood, it's woodworking and welcome here.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/autodrill

V8013-R
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:40:07 -0400, Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Agreed. Seems like a lot of us here do both anyway.

I go to the woodturning site and it is disapointing to see the drop off in posts. If they can't easily post there I hope they can start posting again here. bob

I'm good with it.
-Zz
Zz Yzx wrote:

Uh, when there's already a group for woodturning, why migrate?
charlieb wrote:

They must certainly adhere to the current standards of classiness and decorum of this fine forum. No name calling, political demagoguery, and general bitchiness. Any friend of Turner's is a friend of mine.     yours in hopeful bipartisanship,     jo4hn
p.s. there is no cabal.
I'm all for bringing them in. I do some turning but I certainly don't consider myself to be a turner. However, I have spent some time lurking in the rec.crafts.woodcarving group. There are some great resources over there. You don't have to be a turner to get a lot of practical use and enjoyment from sites like Darrell Felmate's.
RonB
jo4hn wrote:

Long as he leaves Hanoi Jane home . . .
charlieb wrote:

No way! I hate Turners!
Oh wait; that's my last name... Never mind. :-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

It's wood working ain't it? I never quite understood why there were two separate groups. I think about half of us turn any way.

That's 'cause they wanted to get away from all the silly political discussions on the wreck & focus on wooddorking, or, more specifically, turning in their case.
Luigi

If an ISP is dropping a group in the rec.* hierarchy, I'm guessing thet're dropping usenet, period. In that case, people need to change their news provider, not the group they post to.
--
Kiva - Loans that change lives.
http://www.kiva.org/lender/david87375440
     snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com writes:

AT&T isn't dropping rec.crafts.woodturning. It is dropping *all* Usenet service.
--
Drew Lawson | And to those who lack the courage
| And say it's dangerous to try

Fine by me. I do more than woodturning and read both groups, so would just make it more convenient for me. I sure hope folks stick around. `Casper

Why not crosspost?
That that read the turning newsgroup will see it in the proper place, and those of the wreck who do not can filter it out?

seems to me it's all sawdust. Besides, my fathers a turner. Maybe I can get him to start trolling!
shelly
charlieb wrote:

Sounds good to me.
Tanus

How have you been? Coming this way at any time this summer?
Robatoy wrote: <snip>

I've been good thanks Rob. I was down to visit my Mom last week, and expect to be down a few more times during the summer. I saw ads for Bayfest this year when I was in Sarnia, and will likely try to dovetail a viist with the festival (note the terminology to keep it wood related)
How've you been?
Tanus