Question To The Group - Wood Turners Migrating Here?

The usenet newsgroup rec.cafts.woodturning apparently is being dropped by many of the large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and based on the drop off and posts to that group vs posts to this group, it looks like The Wreck is still alive and kicking.

So - how does this group feel about turners migrating to The Wreck - putting "Turning" as the first word in the subject line of posts here?

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

I always figured this group was more of a generic woodworkign group whereas others (such as r.c.woodturning) were more specific subject specific groups.

My personal feeling is if it's working in wood, it's woodworking and welcome here.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
Joe AutoDrill

I go to the woodturning site and it is disapointing to see the drop off in posts. If they can't easily post there I hope they can start posting again here. bob

Reply to
rjd

I'm good with it.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

They must certainly adhere to the current standards of classiness and decorum of this fine forum. No name calling, political demagoguery, and general bitchiness. Any friend of Turner's is a friend of mine. yours in hopeful bipartisanship, jo4hn

p.s. there is no cabal.

Reply to
jo4hn

Uh, when there's already a group for woodturning, why migrate?

Reply to
J. Clarke

No way! I hate Turners!

Oh wait; that's my last name... Never mind. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

I'm all for bringing them in. I do some turning but I certainly don't consider myself to be a turner. However, I have spent some time lurking in the rec.crafts.woodcarving group. There are some great resources over there. You don't have to be a turner to get a lot of practical use and enjoyment from sites like Darrell Felmate's.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

It's wood working ain't it? I never quite understood why there were two separate groups. I think about half of us turn any way.

Reply to
Leon

That's 'cause they wanted to get away from all the silly political discussions on the wreck & focus on wooddorking, or, more specifically, turning in their case.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Long as he leaves Hanoi Jane home . . .

Reply to
J. Clarke

If an ISP is dropping a group in the rec.* hierarchy, I'm guessing thet're dropping usenet, period. In that case, people need to change their news provider, not the group they post to.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

AT&T isn't dropping rec.crafts.woodturning. It is dropping *all* Usenet service.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

Agreed. Seems like a lot of us here do both anyway.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Fine by me. I do more than woodturning and read both groups, so would just make it more convenient for me. I sure hope folks stick around. `Casper

Reply to
Casper

Why not crosspost?

That that read the turning newsgroup will see it in the proper place, and those of the wreck who do not can filter it out?

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

seems to me it's all sawdust. Besides, my fathers a turner. Maybe I can get him to start trolling!

shelly

Reply to
sheldon.mandel

Sounds good to me.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

How have you been? Coming this way at any time this summer?

Reply to
Robatoy

I've been good thanks Rob. I was down to visit my Mom last week, and expect to be down a few more times during the summer. I saw ads for Bayfest this year when I was in Sarnia, and will likely try to dovetail a viist with the festival (note the terminology to keep it wood related)

How've you been?

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus