question to DJ-20 owners

I'm restoring a Delta Dj-20. I've attached a new fence base making sure it was level with the outfeed table. Both tables are level with each other. The rounded part of the fence that contacts the outfeed table isn't level with the table. Only a corner makes contact. I'm not too concerned since I can square the fence but was wondering what yours looked like.
mel wrote:

I must have a different fence as mine doesn't have a rounded section, only bevels on the top edge. Regardless, my fence doesn't touch either the infeed or the outfeed table. I would be concerned if the fence drags across the outfeed table putting scratches across the table face. JMO.
Gary
Gary,
Don't you have an extruded bevel at the bottom of the fence about 6" long that slides on the outfeed table? I can't seem to keep this part from touching the outfeed table when I adjust the fence. I know what you mean though because I hate it when it slides on the outfeed so I lift on the fence while I move it so it doesn't contact and slide on the outfeed. Does anyone know for sure if this bevel is suppose to touch the outfeed or not? Regards. -Guy

across
Guy LaRochelle wrote:

Why yes it does. It's been so long since I set up everthing on this tool I completely overlooked the fact that the fence does ride on the outfeed table. I use it regularly and didn't notice. Unless you get your nose right down there it's not obvious from the front side. The picture on the front of the manual even shows a mark crossing the outfeed table where that extrusion is so I guess it's supposed to ride on the table. I should look more carefully before posting! Sorry for the confusion.
Gary

According to what I have heard from Delta and the manual, that section of the fence is supposed to set level on the outfeed table. You can loosen the bolts on the fence support to align it with the oufeed table. On my jointer the part the fence rides on is level with the oufeed table.
That part of the fence that touches the outfeed table dosen't appear to damage my table.
Lou

it
It seems to me that I was able to adjust my DJ-20 fence so that the contact section sat evenly on the outfeed. I also polished the bottom of the contact area so as to minimize the chance of scratches on the table.
John
The "rounded" part of the fence should set fully on the outfeed table. When I contacted a Delta tech about the fence not staying at its setting, he said make sure that the fence set level on the outfeed table. I adusted the fence base to accomodate that. It helped a lot but didn't fully solve the problem. I found out that worked best to keep my fence aligned was using the jointer. There must be some sort of wear-in.
Preston

it
I just looked at mine. The fence on my DJ-20 doesn't touch the tables at any point. I can't say the portion of the fence that moves over the outfeed table is rounded at all, it feels like a small flat.

Hmm, I recall having this problem when I first got my DJ-20, started to scratch the table but was able to adjust it out. Now it doesn't touch the tables. I never use more than 1/8" cut, mostly more like 1/32" so I'm not sure if that matters.
mark

it