Question on Ryobi 16/32 Sander

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new (still in the box) Ryobi

16/32 Sander, complete with stand kit and a ton of sanding belts for it (all assorted grits), for $600. Can anyone tell me if you have this unit, or if this is a good price?

Thanks

-George-

Reply to
George Gibeau

that's about the cost of a performax. I'd get the performax....

Reply to
bridger

I checked on the Performax 16/32 on Amazon, and the unit, with stand and assorted grit belts comes to around ~$1,100 - - Can you tell me where I can get the Performax 16/32 for close to $600.

Thanks

Reply to
George Gibeau

mine was about $700 or so a year and a half ago from a local store with the mfr's frequent $50 coupon.

Reply to
bridger

snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Mine was about $800 in June at Rockler.

The only thing I would advise is to make certain that you really want the sander. I haven't used mine nearly as much as I thought I would. It may be a learning curve thing, but I'm finding it somewhat fiddly to use over

16" wide.

Patriarch, thinking just how much Lie-Nielsen $800 buys....

Reply to
patriarch
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Must be hot at that price....or used??

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Talked to him today and he came down to $500 - still not sure - but thanks for the info.

-George-

Reply to
George Gibeau

I would get the Performax -- particularly for an asking price of $600. I paid between $300 and $400 for mine (without the stand) and have not been happy with it. My biggest gripe is that it's just about impossible to connect the right hand side of the belt. It's so difficult, I don't even attempt to do it any more, just wrap a strip of duct tape around that part of the drum. Also, be aware that Ryobi no longer produces this sander.

Reply to
Herb Robinson