Question on routers and router tables

Page 5 of 5

wrote in message

LOL you and I agree on the brake for the router, I absolutely will not buy a cordless drill with out a brake. When driving screws "in or out" I absolutely want the drill to stop turning when I let up on the trigger. The clutch does not always work well when removing a screw. I absolutely do not use it as a safety feature.

I've only had it a few months and not used it very much in that time. It's my first drill with a brake, or any woodworking tool with a brake for that matter. Driving screws, I can envision a use for the brake so you don't go too deep, but I've never had any problem with the brake-less drill when removing screws. I suppose I'll get used to it in time.
wrote in message

When removing screws or nuts quickly you can stop when the screw is out or nut is off. Lettiing up on the trigger stops the momentum and the nut and or screw don't take off.
Leon wrote:

OK, I stand corrected. Thanks for the info
--

dadiOH

You are absolutely welcome! I just learned that Makita has an electric brake on at least one of their routers.

I don't know of any router that cannot be used on a router table. That said different style routers are better suited for router table use. Typically the best routers to use are the newer style combo routers that work as a plunge or fixed base router all in one. The Triton router is an example of this. IIRC PC has a router that falls in this category and perhaps other brands as well. Next would be the fixed base with a router lift of some type followed by just a fixed base router and finally a plunge router.
For the most part any of the styles will perform the same "once adjusted". Ease of accurate adjustments is what it is all about when choosing a router for the router table.