question on finishes

I have a friend who has bad environmental alergies... and is redoing her house in natural finish wood trim. I know there are a lot of new polyurethane-type finishes... but which ones are environmentally more friendly? less toxic? Please email me directly. snipped-for-privacy@technoloft.net Thanks.

Reply to
kaitlin

if you are too lazy to recheck the newsgroup, I don't think you deserve anyone's time and effort to email you personally.

dave

kaitl> I have a friend who has bad environmental alergies... and is redoing her

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Think about it - if she doesn't check the newsgroup, then...

Reply to
tnfkajs

Thanks, Dave, for your compassionate and helpful response. I am new to the newsgroup. I HAVE searched Google. And your assumption that I am just lazy is not only unjust, uncivilized, and impolite but unfounded as well. My basic problem is a lack of knowledge on the topic... so much so that I really don't know what keywords would be helpful. I have tried several combinations and am not coming up with any helpful information. I mistakenly thought there would be helpful, interested people here. It was my mistake.

Reply to
kaitlin

several

Well *I* sent you an email espousing the virtues of shellac but didn't even get a thank you...

Reply to
Steve

DUH, didn't you realize that I meant you shouldn't expect a private answer??? People share their wisdom, thoughts, and questions for the benefit of all. Sheesh!

dave

kaitl> Thanks, Dave, for your compassionate and helpful response. I am new to the

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

point taken.... oops! she (he) DID and responded with no idea of why I said they were lazy. she(he) has a comprehension problem too. PROBABLY A SPOILED YUPPIE! :)

DAVE

tnfkajs wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Try water based finishes.

Reply to
Leon

so did you email her too? :)

dave

Le> Try water based finishes.

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

No... I figure if they dont have tome to come back here to get the results, I dont have time to answer directly.

Reply to
Leon