Question on Bessey cabinet door clamp kit ??????????

I bought this kit about 3 weeks ago an tonight I had my first attempt on some kitchen cabinet doors and boy did I get confused. On the picture of the kit on Amazon it shows a panel door with all four clamps being used. Well I couldn't picture using all four clamps. It looked like I only needed two. Is the picture on Amazon showing mitre cornered doors? I'm using a rail and stile method. Should I use all four???????? Mikey

Reply to
mbaybut

Post the link to the Amazon picture. On the face of it, I'd expect you'd use a pair of clamps for each rail in the door. I suppose there might be a few doors with more than two stiles, but don't think I've ever seen any.

Reply to
Upscale

You could use all four of the clamps if you wanted... leave the rails proud of the stiles and then use the long clamps to press the rails flush with the ends of the stiles. ;-)

About the only time I use all four clamps and the blocks is when I edge band plywood with solid wood.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

It's four K-bodies, 2x24 and 2x40, with the "KP block" set that is used to hold them square to each other.

For rail and stile only two should be needed to apply pressure, although it might be useful to use the other two as alignment aids.

Reply to
J. Clarke