Question about TS push sticks (particularly Swingman!!)

Page 2 of 2

It is a great test of the saw splitter and kickback pawls.
I was taught this method in technical college as the safest for a single operator. Use fingerboards as holddowns and to keep work against the fence. Bladeguard and splitter all in place.
On my saw you can NOT stck your hand into the blade from the side or back because of the guard.
The guard also makes it very difficult to push a narrow workpiece through from the front.
As a few people have said there are several ways of doing things, work out the safest for you.
And do NOT stand in line with the workpiece. When cutting 1/4" strips from 1/2" thick stock I have had a couple of cases where the teeth caught the strip and threw it across the room. In one case right into a piece of plasterboard.

I just posted my favorite on ABPW if you are interested. It was traced off of a saw handle.
Got it...thanks!