Question about Saw Station...

Has anyone tried building the Table Saw Station that was featured on New Yankee Workshop a season or two ago? I want to try to build something similar. The difference is I would like to surround my saw so I can use the custom fence on either side as opposed to building my saw into the corner. Anyone have any ideas? i'm open to any suggestions. Thanks...