Question about recalcitrant door hinges

Folks,
the french doors in my new house have a set of hinges I just can't relate to. The hinges have very wide flaps (as opposed to along the length of the door), which are screwed at the end to the door and jamb. The actual hinge pin sticks out the door into the outside of the house by about 4".
The effect is that when the door opens, the hinge side goes out and sort of "rolls" around the outside wall of the house, so the doors can lie flat against the wall when open.
The problem is: the hinges are not strong enough to hold the doors (three of them for each door!) so the doors have sagged. Not much, but enough to look unsightly and the bottom edge to drag a bit on the floor.
I'm trying to figure out what can I do to fix this problem:
1- Pack up the bottom hinge and dig the top one a bit more to "lift" the door against the hinge side?
2- Take the hinges out, bend them a bit and screw them back in?
3- Both of the above?
4- None of the above, something else?
The material is galvanised steel plate, about 1/4" thick. The hinges are about 4" long and 4" wide, which when open turns into a 8" wide gap.
TIA for any help.
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto
TaskMule wrote:

screw
sized
3 "

Ah yes. Good one. Thanks a lot, will try this.

the
Yeah, I see what you mean.
Thanks heaps for the help.
TaskMule apparently said,on my timestamp of 5/02/2005 5:57 AM:

Just found out a bit more info on this.
This type of hinge is called locally "parliament hinges"
Comes from them being used in traditional govt house doors to allow them to open to the outside all the way against the wall.
And I just found alternative ones made of brass, much heavier duty than the rubbish the builder left here. These are called "broad butt hinges" and are used for boat doors and other heavy duty uses.
So I'm getting the new ones as well, besides realigning the doors.
Ah, the joys of incompetent builders...
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto