Question about polyurathane glue.....

What would you use to thin polyurthane glue? The stuff I have is getting a bit thick and I would like to thin it out some.
William Lee

That means it's past its prime. Time to buy a new bottle.
Yeah, I know, the stuff costs a lot more than Titebond, so you don't want to buy another bottle until you've gotten your money's worth out of this bottle, right? Consider the difference in cost between a new bottle, and a ruined project, if this glue turns out to be no good.
If you insist on thinning it and using it anyway, paint thinner (mineral spirits) may do the trick -- but, whether you thin it or not, I strongly suggest testing it with a couple pieces of scrap wood, to make sure that it still bonds adequately, before using it on any project you care about.
William Lee wrote:

Here's a quote from the FAQ's on the Excel web site:
"Can These Glues Be Thinned or Diluted?
We do not recommend thinning these glues in strength-related glue-ups. If the glue is being used to repair cracks, rot spots, etc., the glues can be diluted using about 30 to 50% acetone or lacquer thinner."
http://www.excelglue.com/FAQs/body_faqs.html#diluted
The cleanup solvent is acetone, so that should thin it. Don't know if it will still be any good afterwards.
Cheers,
Frank

gorilla glue says it's not a problem to thin it. but their glue has no solvents like other poly glues do. I have done it and it worked fine. but usually it's time to chuck it.
" Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
I wouldn't think it can be thinned. It is supposed to be solvent free, which leads me to believe there's nothing to thin it with. I looked at Gorilla's site and it doesn't mention that at all.

no the site does not mention it but the guys from gorilla glue do.
" Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"