Question about glue and nails

Do brads give any additional strength at all when used with glue, OR, do they serve solely as a means of clamping the wood for the glue? If it's the latter then do they give enough clamping pressure? Offhand I can't remember getting as much glue squeezeout from nails or brads compared to clamping. TIA
Bri asks:

Brads give no appreciable additional strength. Most people over-tighten clamps, so in those instances where brads are suitable, they almost always give enough clamping pressure
Charlie Self "To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Oops. So _that's_ what went wrong... Thanks for the tip.
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

be careful not to squeeze out all the glue, if your getting a lot of glue squeeze out you either using too much glue or too much pressure.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Bri" < snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
Bri wrote:

brads give no additional strength, just a temporary clamp and a good one at that.
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"