Question about Excalibur Blade Guards

Folks -

I've had the Excalibur overarm blade guard setup for several months and have a question... I have the guard set up so that the counterweight and wire bail on the guard face to the front, as is illustrated in the assembly instructions and on this website:

have the unit mounted on a General RT cabinet saw... I am thinking about reversing the blade guard itself so that there wasn't so much "stuff" hanging around the front of the blade - it obscures vision to the point of being a distraction sometimes.. I have seen the guard head reversed on other sites, no example, tho' and was wondering if this was safe or if any of you that own the Excalibur have done this.

IMHO the blade would still be covered, and the dust collection would still work fine, it would just serve to improve the view. I don't want to start another flame war like with the wire brush fiasco, but would like your feedback...

10, count em... TEN, and aiming to keep it that way.

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead