Question about cutting of 1/2 inch off door

Here is one more vote fot using a circular saw and taping and scribing to reduce splinters. I can not iagine a situation where one would have to resort to using a table saw for this cut. Very dangerous and unneccessary.
Chris in NW Arkansas

I might add I use the circular saw, but use a "plywood" blade. They have many more teeth and cut very smooth. Warren
I forgot to ask, I remembered just now that I've sold my worm drive Skill Saw, and now only have a battery operated saw like that, it only has a 5 1/2 blade, it is one of them 18 v jobs. Will that have enough torque to do the door job we are talking about?...........Peter

1/2
Yes. Go ahead Peter - take your saw in hand and give this little job a whirl. Sometimes you can best find the answers to your questions by putting the matter at hand to the test.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

Even a hollow core door would be difficult to place on a tablesaw for cutting 1/2" off one edge. Use a straight edge and a circulars saw or a good quality jigsaw. BUT, before you start, see if you can determine how thick the solid strip at the bottom really is. On some HC doors, 1/2" would be too much to take off.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland