Question about Blum Hinges

yep, piss poor me. I'm such a pinhead!!!!! But it does stand to reason that you could not bore a 35mm hole 7/8" from the edge unless your stile was 3" or more. Oh well sorry for the confusion.

Reply to
Rich

Only if accurate placement is a concern. :)

Nice to know for purposes other than setting up your jigs, fences for boring. Use the "boring distance" "B" shown on most included charts for setting up those and you will be glad you did.

Reply to
Swingman

I will use that chart in the future. I did have to use some high extension mounting plates to get the inset side right. The overlay side was not a problem at all.

Reply to
Rich

"Swingman" wrote in news:wLOdnYA6XZRNXnHanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Not to stir the pot any more, just an FYI. From a Blum package I have in my hand the instructions for a hinge made for a cabinet without facing...

"To locate center of hinge cup on back side of door, measure over from edge of door 22.5mm (7/8"). Here drill a 35mm (1-

3/8") diameter by 13mm (1/2") deep hole."

For a "face frame hinge" the distance changes to 20.5mm (51/64").

Larry

Reply to
Larry

And I believe you can get mounting plates ranging from 0mm to 9mm in 3mm increments meaning the 2mm difference can be made up easily with the mounting plate differences and the built in adjustments.

Reply to
Rich

"Larry" wrote

Once again ... do this more than once and you will quickly learn to use both the "Overlay" and "Reveal" charts for the different type euro hinges.

Both charts use the "bore distance", which is defined as "the distance from the edge of the door to the edge of the hinge cup", and these "bore distances" are specifically _provided_ to make it easy to fine tune the overlay and reveal of your doors, be they overlay or inset.

IME, using these charts/tables, based on the "bore distance", will _inarguably_ give you greater flexibility, accuracy, and ease of setting/fine tuning these parameters.

But, that said, be my guest should you want to futz around with the "center of cup" measurement if you indeed want to get these parameters spot on, every time, and with ease.

Methinks, having done it a time or two, I'll stick with the method where the guess work is already done for me. :)

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote

^^^

Sorry, that should read "hinge hole".

Reply to
Swingman

Guess that was a miss step. Seems I had one of those not to long ago. Guess it can happen to anyone.

Reply to
Rich

Not quite ... yours, pregnant with vagueness, was obviously a mrs step. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

yeah ok, King of all things WOOD!

Reply to