Question about Blum Hinges

Page 2 of 2
Swingman wrote:

Always?
Blum gives a chart showing the center point distance as "Distance C" on page 10 of their literature at:
http://www.blum.com/pdf/BUS/1046_hinge_b/1046_hinges_b.pdf
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Only if accurate placement is a concern. :)

Nice to know for purposes other than setting up your jigs, fences for boring. Use the "boring distance" "B" shown on most included charts for setting up those and you will be glad you did.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08
Swingman wrote:

I will use that chart in the future. I did have to use some high extension mounting plates to get the inset side right. The overlay side was not a problem at all.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Not to stir the pot any more, just an FYI. From a Blum package I have in my hand the instructions for a hinge made for a cabinet without facing...
"To locate center of hinge cup on back side of door, measure over from edge of door 22.5mm (7/8"). Here drill a 35mm (1- 3/8") diameter by 13mm (1/2") deep hole."
For a "face frame hinge" the distance changes to 20.5mm (51/64").
Larry
Larry wrote:

And I believe you can get mounting plates ranging from 0mm to 9mm in 3mm increments meaning the 2mm difference can be made up easily with the mounting plate differences and the built in adjustments.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Once again ... do this more than once and you will quickly learn to use both the "Overlay" and "Reveal" charts for the different type euro hinges.
Both charts use the "bore distance", which is defined as "the distance from the edge of the door to the edge of the hinge cup", and these "bore distances" are specifically _provided_ to make it easy to fine tune the overlay and reveal of your doors, be they overlay or inset.
IME, using these charts/tables, based on the "bore distance", will _inarguably_ give you greater flexibility, accuracy, and ease of setting/fine tuning these parameters.
But, that said, be my guest should you want to futz around with the "center of cup" measurement if you indeed want to get these parameters spot on, every time, and with ease.
Methinks, having done it a time or two, I'll stick with the method where the guess work is already done for me. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

from
^^^
Sorry, that should read "hinge hole".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08
Swingman wrote:

^^^
Guess that was a miss step. Seems I had one of those not to long ago. Guess it can happen to anyone.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
"Rich" wrote in message

Not quite ... yours, pregnant with vagueness, was obviously a mrs step. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08
Swingman wrote: