Question about attaching table top to legs

Hi, I am making a coffee table and was wondering if I can use dowels at each corner leg and maybe 2 along the apron on each side to attach the top to the bottom? The legs at the top are about 1" sq and the apron is 3/4x3/4" sq. The top consist of 5 popular boards biscuit joined together. I use all popular wood for the project. Or, would it be better to use figure 8's to attach it and how many would I have to use? Many Thanks, John
That would be a big NO on the dowels. After the first time a tabletop you've made splits down the middle when it wants to shrink more than the apron will allow, you'll never underestimate wood movement again. Don't ask me how I know that.
Searching the archives of this newsgroup (as recently as just this past week) will reveal prior discussions on this topic along with lots of ways to do it.
Josh