question about 3m respirator

h'lo...

my neighbor gave me a 3m 6800 full face respirator the other day, belonged to her hubby before he died. I don't know much about these things... I'm wondering if somebody can suggest the proper combination of cartridges/filters for this thing.

in order of usage

Soldering (stained glass/leaded glass) - mild chemicals, lead dust/particulate woodworking - sawdust wood finishing - varnishes etc

the borg have smaller more specific purpose respirators, for about $50 CDN, but I'd need 2 different ones to cover all bases.

any thoughts?

Reply to
Chris Gibson

Bob Bowles

Oughtsix spaketh...

Yeah, I finally broke down and started wearing a mask just about all the time in the shop. Coughing and hacking half the night was more uncomfortable than the mask. The coughing cleared up immediately.

As a kid, I had to shovel coal for the winter. I would cough and hack up black coal dust for a week.

Reply to
McQualude

Buy Disposable Face Masks (Earloop Style) in Bulk

Versatile: flu, dust, dentist, salon, general maintenance, etc. Cover nose, mouth and chin for full protection Ring ears are held safely Medical Disposable Face Mask Material: 3 ply non-woven Color: Blue, white, Red, Pink and Yellow Weight: 25gsm+25gsm+25gsm Type: Round or Flat Ear-loop Size: 17.5*9.5cm Package: 50pcs/box, 40boxes/ctn MOQ:100,000 pcs BFE: 95% - 99.9% Supply Ability: 1000000 Piece/Pieces per Week Packaging Details: 50pcs/box, 40boxes/ctn

Tel/Whatsapp: +32 460 20 64 52

Digital Medical Non Contact infrared thermometers

Buy hand sanitizers online wholesale

Buy Disposable hand gloves

High Filter Ear-loop Surgical Face Mask for Flu Virus Protect

kylehopkins299

Consider 3M's P100 filters that fit this assembly. The P100 filters are pet roleum resistant and filter 100% of particles over 0.3 microns. As others h ave said, I think it's overkill for general woodworking but a good idea for soldering, welding, finishing, etc.

Reply to
Tom Crist